Monday, August 28

Market Selection Available

Four Houses To See
Our outting yesterday was very productive with the open house and drive-by of one other house for sale. I ended up giving our agent a list of 4 houses for consideration, and we decided we will visit them Tuesday afternoon. The FSBO open house that we went to yesterday was an extremely nice home, but turned out to be out to be out of our chosen price range. (The price was not listed in the ad so we were not aware of this until we arrived.)

Ironically the first house we went to yesterday, was one that was on the market when I first started looking for a house back in mid June but never got around to seeing. I could really kick myself in the pants for that now because it is a nice house and has a motivated seller. (Divorce) The price for the house back in June was $126,000 and now it is priced at $123,000. One of the things I did when I first started watching the local market was to 'print' all the MLS listing that I was interested in on my computer in PDF format on my computer and file. That gives me at least a reference of what I am watching, have seen, what prices and stats are, and what they may do in the future. After seeing several houses, they can get confusing at times.

When our agent and I actually go to see the properties, I take the listing that he gives me and together we walk through the house. I list everything that both of us find that is 'wrong' and highlight everything of interest. As I mentioned before, I do the preliminary work with the agent and houses, and basically rule out the ones that don't meet our needs.

No comments: