Saturday, August 19

Property Disclosures

During the first look at the house I was told that the Seller was not "disclosing" anything about the house. I don't remember exactly what my reaction to that was, but lets just say my agent knew I didn't like that statement. (I'm kind of know for being a pretty open book and would be a terrible poker player.) He explained North Carolina' s Property Disclosure to me and how this Seller had chosen the "No Representation" option on that form probably because it was rental and they hadn't actually lived in the house...that kind of thing.

North Carolina definitely needs to take a look at this form and correct something here.

Other interesting links on this matter...
Residential Property Disclosure Classroom
North Carolina Property Disclosure Form and Instructions

No comments: