Monday, September 18

Our New Stove

Friday night we went to Sears to purchase the two appliances we are missing in the house. I couldn't find a picture of the refrigerator online, but this is the model of stove that we went with. We did select a black color instead of white because the house already has a microwave vent in it that is black and functions. Plus I am hopeful that perhaps black will not show dirt as much as white. (I have never had black appliances before, so this will be a new thing.) We did go with the smooth glass top, and this stove has a warming burner on top which is nice. It also has a warming rack in the bottom to keep food warm. It has the hidden heating element on the bottom of the oven which makes it easier to clean. Anything that is really easier, and especially when it comes to something like a back-breaking job like cleaning an oven, has certainly got my attention. (Getting that heating coil out of the way has got to be an improvement!) Actually my husband had more input on the selection of this appliance than I did, and I really intend on reminding him of that on a regular basis.

No comments: