Tuesday, October 10

Purchases for Home

Always Things to Buy With a New Home
I finally found a rug for the living room of the house. We have wood flooring in the living room and dining room, and really need a rug in our seating area. The wood is beautiful, but even too much of a good thing is enough. There is also a bit of an echo still in here and I know the rug will help.

I did my research after just hitting the stores and gasping at the prices of larger rugs. It's amazing how expensive these things get, but I have come to find out that the old saying of "You get what you pay for" tends to apply here in part. I am still a shopper through and through so it goes against my very nature to just cough up hundreds of dollars for something until I know that I have exhausted every possible avenue of resources. I already had access to QVC and had seen their hand-carved wool rugs, which my research had told me was the best as far as material, so I had that in the back of my mind. I am picky about what kind of rug I want to spend $200+ for, as I am sure everyone reading this would be too. My husband came up with an idea, but it involved plane tickets to Pakistan to buy the rug plus shipping cost on top of the cost of the rug, which he pointed out would be cheaper than buying here. "Nice try, and I won't forget that either" I told him. "That rug or rugs comes later."

No comments: